POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Moray - Material Editor, material maps : Moray - Material Editor, material maps Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:58:44 EDT (-0400)
  Moray - Material Editor, material maps
From: Paragon
Date: 16 Aug 2001 01:50:50
Message: <3b7b5f3a@news.povray.org>
I'm having some trouble using material maps in Moray 3.3's Material Editor.
In the Material Editor I do this:  Create Material > Material Map, assign
the material I want (i've tried bmp, tga, gif, jpgs, they all don't work)
and click on Preview to see what it will look like, and what I get is an all
black object.  The material I selected doesn't seem to be used.  I've tried
adding a Normal and Finish the [standard texture] that is under [material
map] and still, my map isn't being used.  What am I doing wrong?